I listened to this commencement address speech from Jim Carrey, enjoyed it, and found it inspirational. But underlying his speech there could well be an enormous delusion.
I have never been a Jim Carrey fan, I didn’t find his humour funny. Before listening to this address I had picked up that he had gained some kind of awareness. Good for him.
Then I listened to his talk, and could only think you have picked up good stuff but you are heading for a crash.
I have just had a crash – deservedly so because I don’t know my place. Over the last few years I have grown a sense of invulnerability. It started when I retired early, began to devote myself to study and meditation to a certain extent, and began my diet. The improvement in my health was inspiring, I became Dr Zandtao and treated myself – apart from visits to natural medicine, massage and acupuncture.
I moved to a house in the country – a house in fruit-growing land, and I am unsuited to this lifestyle – except I love it. I cannot fix most stuff, I tried growing and failed, things around the house go unfixed because I don’t know the tradesmen to get up here. Round where I live I have one neighbour who is a friend, I don’t know others. They leave me alone which is fine, there are smiles and greetings but no more – my fault I only speak minimal Thai.
Things started to go awry with the hormones. I developed symptoms of andropause. I assessed that the mb diet did not contain enough fats, changed towards the Mediterranean Diet – Perfect 10, and have felt some improvement in my biorhythms. But the lack of day organisation threw my meditation, and I let myself get out of harmony. And then the big crunch, I sprained my wrist; this culminated the crash – I hope it has come to an end.
A sprained wrist sounds little. Very painful but I assumed it would be a period of time and then it would be back to normal. Foolish. I rested a month, then went for treatment with a good guy for another month, and it is taking a long time. I cannot guarantee a 100% movement. I think the sprain occurred as a consequence of a bigger problem.
I have been driving a motor-bike, it is common here. I had moved to driving a Honda 500 – heavy, and with the sprained wrist I am scared to get on the bike. Living in the country the road access to my house is difficult and without the wrist controling the bike is difficult. The fear has led me to the realisation I need to drive a car; I had been blase enjoying riding the motor-bike, now I am scared. A sensible fear, my body is too old to be playing like that. A big change.
The food, the meditation, the bike, the hormones are all indications of what that fool called arrogance – only it is not arrogance. There is Nature, and there are our places in Nature and we have to harmonise. And this is Jim Carrey. He is in a great place now, and I am a bit envious. But he is not in harmony, he is in the bells and banjoes. Will this wear off? Buddhism talks of this. The world is dukkha, and if we control our minds and accept this then we can have enjoyment. Our minds being in good places bring enjoyment. My mind wasn’t. The arrogance I was criticised of was not about the usual arrogance, it was about my place. Studies, meditation, eating had taken me beyond my place, I was out of harmony. The sprain as a result of losing meditation etc. has brought me down to earth with a bang. This does not invalidate any of the learning, it just means knowing my place. I have to learn about knowing my place.
Where Jim Carrey is at is wonderful, good for him. Will he have to know his place?
link reproduced here.
Today’s world is a strange place. We are inundated with signals from early on in life, encouraging each of us to walk a particular path, establishing blinders on us along the way to discourage us from looking for alternatives to what the herd is doing or thinking. Life is so complex that overtime, if we are paying attention, we realize that there are an infinite number of possibilities to what the human experience could be, and we come see that the world is on fire because individuals all too infrequently question why things are the way they are, failing to notice that their mindset or behavior needs adjustment in favor of more intelligent, common sensical, or sustainable patterns of existence.
Not meant to be overtly critical of anyone’s lifestyle choices or personal situation, the following 16 signs that you’re a slave to the matrix are meant purely as an observational approach to helping you identify the areas of your life where you may be missing an opportunity to liberate yourself from someone else’s self-destructive design for your life.
Read on, and please take a moment to comment below with anything you’d like to add to the list or object to.
1. You pay taxes to people you’d like to see locked up in jail. This is perhaps the biggest indicator that we are slaves to the matrix. The traditional notion of slavery conjures up images of people in shackles forced to work on plantations to support rich plantation owners. The modern day version of this is forced taxation, where our incomes are automatically docked before we ever see the money, regardless of whether or not we approve of how the money is spent.
2. You go to the doctor, but you’re still sick. Modern medical care, for all of it’s scientific progress, has sadly become sick care, where we are rarely advised to eat well and tend to our mental and physical health, but instead are routinely advised to consume expensive medications and procedures that are pushed by the for-profit healthcare matrix.
3. You’ve picked Team Democrat or Team Republican and argue with your friends, family and co-workers about politics. This is what the control strategy of divide and conquer looks like in our society. Both of the major parties are corrupt through and through, and independent candidates are not even allowed to participate in public debates. By believing in one of these parties and burning your personal energy on arguing with other ordinary people you are turning over your soul the matrix, and doing your share in making sure that ‘we the people’ will never be united against corruption.
4. You work hard doing something you hate to earn fiat dollars. Work is important and money does pay the bills, however, so many people lose the best years of their lives doing things they hate, just for money. The truth about money today is that we do not have money, but instead, inflationary fiat currency that is privately owned and manipulated. Since it is still necessary to get by in this world, it is best that you get more value for your time by doing something you enjoy or by working with people you do not despise. It is easier than you may think to live on less money than we believe we need, we just have to be willing to go against the grain realize this.
5. You’re willing to accrue personal debt to fund the acquisition of a consumer oriented lifestyle. Each time a credit card is swiped it creates digits on the balance sheets of the banks that are most involved with the financial looting of the world today. These digits are then multiplied electronically by the fractional reserve system, which exponentially increases the power of these institutions. To participate in this, and by agreeing to pay this fake money back with interest, in order to maintain a certain lifestyle, is a strong indication that you are bound by one of the main tenets of the matrix –consumerism.
6. You converse with real people about the ongoing happenings of TV shows. TV is the most potent tool used for mind control, and the ‘programming’ that is available, while certainly cool, fun, or entertaining is geared to reinforce certain behaviors amongst the masses. Dramatizing the ego’s importance, over sexualizing everything, glorifying violence, and teaching submissiveness to phony authority are the main features of modern TV. By taking what is happening onscreen and making it a part of your real life, you are doing your job of supporting the matrix’s desire to confuse us about the nature of reality, proving that something doesn’t have to actually happen in order for it to feel real to people.
7. You don’t have anything to hide from total surveillance. If it does not bother you that someone, somewhere, working for somebody is watching you, listening to your conversations, and monitoring your movements, then, you are a good slave to the matrix. Invisible surveillance is an insidious form of thought control, and by using the logic of, ‘I have nothing to hide, therefore, it will do me no harm to be surveilled,’ then you are mindlessly admitting that you have an earthly master and are not of sovereign mind and body.
8. You think the world would be safer if only governments had guns. This is a violent world, and criminals engage in criminality against honest people at every level of society, including from within the government. Sure, in a perfect world, weapons wouldn’t be necessary for anyone but, sadly, our world is anything but perfect, and firearms are indeed a very effective form of protection against common criminals and abusive governments alike. The willingness to forego your right to self-defense is a sign that you’ve relegated personal responsibility to someone else. Having the masses abdicate personal responsibility is one of the most important aspects of controlling them. Welcome to the matrix.
9. You knowingly drink fluoridated water. Of all the health debates taking place today, the topic of fluoridated water is the easiest to understand, for it is a toxic by-product of an industrial process… poison. Water is supposedly fluoridated to aid in dental health, which is debatable in itself, but if this were so, then the involuntary fluoridation of public water is a medication without your consent… a form of slavery. Knowing this and continuing to drink fluoridated water is a sign that you’re content with your slavery to the matrix. Here are 18 scientifically validated reasons to end public water fluoridation.
10. You knowingly consume toxic poisons like MSG and Aspartame. These two chemicals are widely known to be toxic to the human body. Knowing this and continuing to poison yourself with tasty, but chemical-laden processed foods is a sign that the matrix has programmed you to place less value on your health and future than on your immediate gratification.
11. You depend on the pharmaceutical industrial complex for the management of your own mental health. The use of psychotropic medicines is rising rapidly in our society because people have been convinced that mental and emotional states can be classified as diseases, while the truth about natural mental health has been obfuscated by corporate media and a for-profit medical establishment. If you’re taking psychotropic medications, then you are under one of the most potent forms of mind control available. Part of this control is to convince you that you have no authority over your own mind. This is perhaps the matrix’s most terrible lie, and by willingly taking these psychotropic medications you are conforming to the worst kind of slavery, and inhibiting your natural mental and emotional responses to the life stressors that are signaling to you that you need to change your behavior and habits.
12. You haven’t yet stopped watching your local and national news programming. The mainstream news media is a tool of control and manipulation, and by continuing to support their ideas and world views by giving them your attention you are volunteering to be a slave to this not-so-subtle form of mental programming. Even the local news is scripted at the national level by agents of the handful of corporations tasked with shaping our opinions of events.
13. You’re more concerned with televised sports or other mindless distractions than you are with the quality of your natural environment. The Deepwater Horizon, Alberta Tar Sands, the rise of Fracking, the sacrifice of the Amazon, and Fukushima are all life-changing events that will severely impact our future on planet earth. To be unconcerned with all of this while tuning into a never-ending stream of sports trivia and distraction-based living is a sign that your sense of self-preservation has been stolen and replaced with an impulsive tendency for triviality and escapism.
14. You’re skeptical of any area of life that hasn’t been ‘proven’ or validated by modern science. The very essence of science is the inquiry into the unknown, implying that until science can grasp something, it is unexplainable. By discrediting or ridiculing experiences that other people have, which yet evade scientific understanding, like near-death experiences, acupuncture, or the life changing effects of Ayahuasca, then you are slavishly reducing your understanding of the world to a narrow range of possibilities. The matrix is made possible by the efforts of volunteer gatekeepers who are unwilling to think outside of the box.
15. You’ve never questioned the popularized version of ancient history and the origins of our civilization. There are many unanswered questions about the origins of the human race that point to a different version of human history than what is taught in school. Read 20 history questions they refuse to answer in school to discover some of the many ways in which our history has been hijacked. By never questioning what we’ve been told about our origin we are acquiescing to many of the imposed belief systems and narrow-banded views of human potential that the matrix promotes.
16. You haven’t yet realized that you are a spiritual being living a human experience.
Tags: Eisenstein, ONEplanet
I have touched onto this topic many times – even downloaded the book ready to read, but never got into it; truth I don’t think I will.
Most of what he talks about in this clip, and I surmise, in his book I am sure I would agree with. But what he begins with concerns money, and he say money is the problem. Resoundingly money is not the problem. Using money to facilitate bartering is nowhere near the problem, but what money is has enabled the unscrupulous to create the problems. The problem is not money it is the 1%. The problem is not that we have a system in which goods are produced and that those goods are then traded usually through the exchange of money. This is not the problem.
The problem that money makes easier is that money can be easily accumulated, money can be easily printed, and now non-existent computer-money (zeroes) can be accumulated in bank accounts. To see money as the problem ignores trading that has functioned for centuries without causing the problems that are associated with Eisenstein’s money.
As we mostly agree why is this blog or criticism necessary? Because it targets all of us. His solutions are excellent but they target us all, and will not resolve the problems. We are not the problem, the 1% are the problem, accumulation is the problem. Whilst all that Eisienstein talks of is part of the solution, there is a a more pressing and immediate solution – de-accumulating. Preventing accumulation is the solution. Preventing the few from accumulating by capping them, preventing the puppets of these few from printing fiat money, redistributing the enormous fortunes back into the economy for people, preventing accumulation games of futures and other stock manipulations, these are the solutions – attack accumulation. Start with the richest and see how quickly the world gets better. If their accumulation were prevented then their power would dissipate, the problems of mass production would disappear because there be no benefits for those who accumulate. It is not products, the creation or sales of products that is the problem, it is the way those who have accumulated can use such production to increase their accumulation at whatever the cost.
Now my solution is completely idealistic but it does not ask for wholesale change – just a capping of the few. But Eisenstein talks of gift economy. Excellent – we give, and people will give back. Works a bit. In my personal case I look at my gift balance sheet and I give far more than I get, BUT and a it’s a big but people do give back, people do treat me well and life is so much better. I respect GAIA, and GAIA gives back to me. This is all true, so if you can manage to participate in some kind of giving then life will be so much better for you. But it is not an economic system, it is a way of making life better, you feel better, people treat you better, all this is true.
But you will be hit. In a system where giving is not respected there are plenty of people who see givers as a soft touch so you can’t be completely giving or you will be emptied out – not just financially but emotionally. However if you can work within giving networks then you will enjoy life so much, far more than any of those exploiters with zeroes.
Sacred economics is an interesting approach.
6 weeks ago I sprained my wrist badly, it was in the middle of the school holidays so there was a long period without any day structure. 4 weeks into the sprain and my sleep was completely haywire. There was some pattern sometimes – going to bed at 4.00 am, and then even going to bed at that time I wasn’t sleeping. What it meant was that I could not rely on being awake at any time – it scared me because I remembered how much sleep dominated my father’s life – to the point of rudeness.
Now I was completely aware that this was glands, my hormones were completely shot. I am on the Perfect 10 diet, and enjoy my food more – mainly because I allow myself cheese and butter when perhaps I shouldn’t (I have elbowed cream cheese) and I eat too much cheese. One good side to this cheese is that I don’t get “naughty” and have a pizza.
Anyway after a particularly bad few days with sleep – no pattern at all, I went to bed shattered around 10.00pm, and got the first melatonin sleep in ages. I had tried melatonin tablets – taking them when I went to bed after 2.00 am, but a couple of days after someone said they made him drowsy meditation told me to pack them in. Whilst my sleep has been shot I haven’t felt ill, and of course my routine has been altered because there was no school and no exercise – no beach with sprained wrist.
So my body took me to bed at 10.00 pm, and I woke up early – maybe 5.00am. And since that day I have had a minimum of 2 melatonin hours (11.00pm – 02.00am). Whilst I still occasionally have a doze, since that day I have been so much happier with my sleep.
I hope I am not counting my chickens but …. Glands are physical things, and mb says that in 7 years of a toxic free diet body parts regenerate themselves. Whilst I have too many fats to call my diet mb (40%) I don’t take any toxins so I still feel the regeneration can occur. I have followed diet for 7 years August 2014.
Built for change – shows brain – described adaptable machine.
Abilities depend on history and therefore education. 1% do not understand Nature and meditation because they can’t experience them. But they can be afraid of them – know thy enemy.
40% Sao Paolo can balance football on head.
Bring people up in factory towns because they will develop skills for that factory. No travel. Brain adapts but in a sense becomes smaller because of lack of diversity. Therefore it has a need to express – meditation. Esp as creativity will not be allowed as creativity opens mind in areas that cannot be measured.
These different abilities come from the plasticity of the brain but where does this plasticity start and end? My world becomes focussed on meditation, writing and Thailand. The Path has given me this path, yet previously it was focussed on teaching. How much has the brain changed? The path has changed the Path hasn’t. Does the mind create the plasticity of the brain? How much plasticity does the brain have? Is it the mind that has plasticity because the mind is not as solid as the brain?
I gave up. He was describing everything coming from the brain, and plasticity followed from that. Mind was not mentioned before I gave up. But if the human model is based on unity with mind/consciousness as a sense that is distinct from the brain and the 5 senses that are based on the brain then plasticity does not enter into it. The functions he describes as plasticity would be expected within a human who is based on unity with a mind as a sense.
Doesn’t Nature better explain that an infant develops into manhood with appropriate cognitive changes that would appear to the limited brain model view as “plasticity”? This talk is just a mish-mash based on an erroneous human model.
This does help Arico because it is this flawed model that is at the basis of the chip as control notion. This plasticity somewhat inadequately describes Unity and mind, and essentially is beyond chip control. Sure the chip can measure the skills of the Sao Paolo footballer, but it cannot measure palsticity – Unity and mind. Why would some thing technological ever be able to do so? Just a flawed concept from a flawed concept.
I came across her TED talk maybe 6 years ago – it has brought her fame.
Her brother was schizophrenic, basically saying her dreams were in reality and the brother’s were delusional. Examining biological differences in the brain between normal and schuzophrenic. This is so full of science’s confuscated brain and mind assumptions. One such simple assumption to be questioned:-
Schizophrenia is generally assumed to be a mental illness – presumably an illness of the mind so why is she examining physical brain?
A blood vessel in the left half of her brain exploded – infant in a woman’s body. Lost her left brain in the stroke.
Right parallel processor, left – serial processor. Describes both halves as different personalities.
Right – present moment, thinks in pictures, learns kinesthetically through the movement of our bodies.
Left – linear and methodically, past and future, details of present moment. Thinks in language. I am – separate.
Stroke – experienced stepping back. Lost physical boundaries and could just experience energy. Brain chatter silent. Felt a oneness – euphoria. Realised – having a stroke. Could not read numbers, could not speak or understand language. Felt a surrender, an enormous “spirit”. 8 years to recover.
We are life power of universe with manual dexterity with two minds
Right – associate right side with unity
Left – separate, self ego
Wonderful experience for her, so powerful. But the power does not mean conclusions correct. She already saw things in terms of brain not mind, and she applied that framework to her experience. Logic – no left brain so experience happen in right brain, therefore happen in right brain for everyone.
Interesting right-left stuff:-
Right – parallel, thinks in pictures, learns kinesthetically through the movement of our bodies.
Left – serial, linear and methodically, past and future, details of present moment. Thinks in language.
Arico – pictures can be measured, serial processing can be recognised as happening. The thinking process can be measured but not the thought. Beyond this processing cannot. Much of Jill’s experience is beyond measurement. The haemorrhage could be measured, maybe Arico meditation could register as some form of illness. What areas of the brain does meditation register on?
Common Dreams described what happened yesterday.
I noticed in the Common Dreams article lawyers defending themselves. In the Cecily clip she did not remember, maybe she lost it. But if she didn’t then how did she lose the case? Juries don’t like police brutality. Even if she lost it she didn’t deserve the beating.
In The Guardian article below some things are made clear. In the Democracy Now tape it shows a handmark on her breast. Instinctive and sensible reaction to sexual assault – an elbow in the face. This was considered felony assault because it was a policeman. I don’t know but I don’t expect the policeman was feeling her up but what he did was wrong. 50-50 – case dismissed. But I notice now that the policeman had history, he was one of the thugs brought in to rough up the protesters. He probably felt her up to get a reaction so she could be arrested. Is this Blue Bloods?
“When the police moved in to the park that night, in formation and with batons, to arrest a massive number of nonviolent protesters, the chaos was terrifying. Bovell claimed that McMillan elbowed him in the face as he attempted to arrest her, and McMillan and her defense team claim that Bovell grabbed her right breast from behind, causing her to instinctively react.”
Here is the legal duplicity:-
“But the jury didn’t hear anything about the police violence that took place in Zuccotti Park that night. They didn’t hear about what happened there on November 15, 2011, when the park was first cleared. The violence experienced by Occupy protesters throughout its entirety was excluded from the courtroom. The narrative that the jury did hear was tightly controlled by what the judge allowed – and Judge Ronald Zweibel consistently ruled that any larger context of what was happening around McMillan at the time of the arrest (let alone Bovell’s own history of violence) was irrelevant to the scope of the trial.”
Complete stitch-up, sack the judge.
This is the first time I have ever “done research”- does that mean I am a writer? Perhaps it is foolish to say this but I was watching Elysium. I had already started Arico (16,000 words) and it is going to take a rewrite, but there is absolutely no way that these chips will be avoided – whatever the technology. They are patient – look at their approach. We have lost control of our money. I was in the UK earning for a year. There was a bill and I was used to going somewhere with the bill and paying it. This particular utility said I must pay direct debit or I would be charged extra – administrative costs. What costs? Under direct debit they still had to send me a letter telling me how much I had paid – the difference – control – they had it, I didn’t. ID cards are being sold to us as beneficial, containing health data etc., this is their patience. They will wear down the liberals fighting this, some incident will be construed and security says we will have to carry them – 9/11 type incident. Convenience will turn them into chips that people will want. I am not going to have a killswitch, maybe something similar – an illness requiring medical treatment?
I woke up thinking about these things – interesting.
Of course the research is interesting in itself. I have long accepted meditation as Nature’s tool of survival, transposing that survival to include chips is no big stretch.
It just struck me that if I know meditation is survival then they would.
A quote “Functional magnetic resonance imaging scans (fMRI scans) of Tibetan monks and Hindu yogis have shown that during deep meditation the parts of the brain that gives us a sense of location in time and space are less active.”
Zandtao – 3 tenets – mind energy and body are a continuum, look at the chakras and glands so meditation will have some physical resonance. A strand, I am going to use some kind of strand implant, will show some real-time MRI equivalent that can flag meditation as a danger. The question I woke up thinking about is this, if you are consciously meditating then you can create a mindmap for the strand – strictly mindmap is wrong as it is a physical mapping of the brain but science doesn’t know the difference. It will never admit it cannot measure ALL meditation because science is arrogant and science will never change its paradigm to accept meditation as empirical method. If you are not conscious how will meditation occur that cannot be flagged, how do you create a mindscan when you don’t know it needs to be created.
People can measure meditation. Two people in monasteries for a long time, there was a difference in strength straight after, daily life soon took that strength. But I cannot see that strength in meditators – no benchmark
There will be a series of blogs concerning the brain and meditation, I am basically doing this because it is relevant to The Arico Chronicles – see Wai Zandtao scifi below.
As a meditator I look inside and try to understand mind. Usually I follow a Buddhist view of mind, the 5 khandas etc. – see Buddhadasa page, and I get quite irate about science’s failure to draw a distinction between brain and mind. Instead science tries to justify mental activity as stemming from the brain. As a meditator I look at my mind and see it throughout my body depending on how I focus or how much I have lost control of it. I probably go too far the other way in dismissing the brain as having anything other than a cursory involvement in mental activity. Buddhism talks of 6 senses – 5 senses and mind, it does not say 5 senses and brain. I tend to associate the functioning of the 5 senses with the brain, the brain being a “cpu” for sensual activity.
I further note that it is western science that identifies brain and mind. If you ask a Thai where is your mind they point to the heart. I don’t agree with that either but have much more sympathy with it.
I further knock the brain thing because of reason. Western science too much identifies reason and mind, I think mind has little to do with reason. We have western stuff – right side and left side, the crass simplicity of Jill Bolte Taylor etc.
I pre-empt a little for Arico. If a machine can measure in the end it can be miniaturised and implanted. In my view it will happen. At the moment phones are being used to get cash in Japan. Implant bank details, place your hand on a chip reader, and you can get your money. Presently what is recorded on ID cards is going through the human rights ringer, and there appears to be some control of the 1%. Given time when they have the subcutaneous technology to store all data – money, tax, crime, family, etc., it will be done. And there will be a kill switch. If it can be measured it will be measured and NSA ed, and not just metadata.
How can Nature with True people fight it – ask Arico.
This talk starts as an analysis of Ukraine and moves global.
I am surprised I haven’t come across this guy before. He appears to have similarities with Alex Jones, is he part of that libertarian alienation? This clip is sound. Maybe not as he is German.